Tuesday 18 September 2012

Today I went to pilates


That title sounds pretty underwhelming, which is kind of how I left feeling the class.

I'm just not sure it did anything. There was about 5 minutes of intense ab pain, but that was about it. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to move, but right now I really don't feel like I worked out at all.

The class was also a lot different to how I imagined it. Having never done a pilates class before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but after a quick look on YouTube it seemed to be a lot of core work, like constant sit ups, planks, v sits etc. This class didn't seem to have a lot of repetition, it was more static, or very slowly moving positions, which I thought was meant to be what you did in yoga? The instructor had a pretty amazing core and brilliant balance though so that was encouraging.

It doesn't help that the class was only 45 minutes long because the instructor was late, if I had paid for the class I would be pissed! Well its included in my membership so I do pay for it, but you know what I mean, I hope.

I also tried yoga for the first time on Sunday, which I definitely preferred.

The class finished at 9, so I did a full day of work then went to the gym. I feel pretty virtuous right now, I have earned this low fat diet meal, and the full fat cheese I have smothered it in.

I'll keep yoga and pilates up for a while and keep you updated on any improvement/pain, apparently these classes are great for building long lean muscles. That sounds nice. A lot better then short squat muscles.


0 comments:

Post a Comment