Saturday 2 February 2013

Urban Decay - Glinda Palette

When I saw that Urban Decay, who I love, had made some palettes for the upcoming Oz film, I knew I had to have one.
It was a tough choice between the Glinda palette and Theodora palette (which should totally have been called Elphaba!) but Glinda stood out to me the most because Theodora has a lot of browns in it, and I don't really need more browns! The Glinda palette also was a bit more romantic and ethereal looking. It also reminded me slightly of Once Upon a Time, which I have been obsessively watching!
So here are a million and one pictures of the palette, what it comes with and some swatches:







Tornado - Lovely buttery deep purple shade. Acts just like all good Urban decay shadows do.

Aura - A duo eyeshadow. Quite light and I was pleasantly surprised by this duo. I expected it to be slightly chalky, but it was another lovely smooth eyeshadow, and the colours are almost duo chrome, they are very pretty!

Magic - Slightly disappointing. It's a lovely pink, and the slight purple tone in it stops eyes from looking sore when worn, however it is slightly chalky and needed a bit of layering for the colour to show up.

Illusion - Once again a lovely smooth shade, very light and fleshy in colour though so doesn't show up too much. Good transitioning colour.

Oz - The second duo eyeshadow. They both turn out gorgeous and look a bit like molten metal, however I found the gold shade has that chunky glitter that Urban Decay is known for, and there was a bit of fallout on some of the chunks, I didn't have this issue as much with the silver shade.

South - Once again another gorgeous good Urban Decay shade. Can't find anything wrong with this one!

Rockstar 24/7 eyeliner - Great purple eyeliner. Nice and smooth and creamy too. Stays put well, it took me a while to scrub it off with make up remover!

Glinda Super Saturated Lip Pencil - Gorgeous shade and very flattering, one of those my lips but better colours. Reminds me a bit of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey. Looks 
slightly glossy without being too sticky.

And here is my attempt at recreating the look that comes with the palette: 





          

I'm quite happy with how the look turned out, it's very girly and pretty, although it could be considered slightly evil too if I go too heavy on the purple eyeliner!

The shades in the palette also seem to really make my eyes look bluer, which I love.

Overall I would say this is a great palette, and definitely worth the money.
You get a eyeliner, 6 shadows (technically 8 with the duos) and a super saturated lip colour for £35, which I don't think is bad at all!

The palette is available from Debenhams
Will you be picking either of the Oz palettes up? Glinda or Theodora? And Theodora should be called Elpheba right?!

10 comments:

  1. I've heard amazing things about Urban Decay, but I don't think I've ever seen them in stores here in the US. But I'll keep looking, especially since I'm in love with Oz and South. You have great taste in makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know Urban Decay is stocked in Sephora, not sure if it's in any department stores though...

      Delete
  2. lovely! I agree on your name suggestion too. x

    toodulltoblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure on these palettes. Although I like the theme, I'm not a fan of two shades in one pan. But the colours look so beautiful in the swatches! I think I'll give them a miss though, because I'm too stubborn with mixed shades aha :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm funny about them in case they get muddied or something, but I love this palettes and I don't have many colours like it!

      Delete
  4. omg i really wanted to try the palettes and now that i seen your review im in love thanks for this review very helpfuly


    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG

    http://epicbeautyy.blogspot.com/


    IM A COSMETOLOGIST & IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING WHAT I KNOW. IM GOING TO POST VIDEOS SOON HERE & YOUTUBE ON MAKEUP TUTORIALS HAIR TUTORIALS DIY ECT .! MY BLOG IS NEW AND I'D LOVE THE SUPPORT THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they're some lovely colours in this palette! Your eyes do look really blue. I normally stick to neutral shades but I really like the look of this. Lot's of lovely girly colours!
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the review!

    http://drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look you created with the palette - i bought this one too and will be experimenting with it over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete