Sunday 10 March 2013

My first ever sock club shipment!

I think it's pretty clear by now that I have a unhealthy addiction to sock yarn, so the next logical step for me was to join a sock club.

I searched quite a few different ones, but found that they where either too expensive, or I didn't like the themes of the club, but thanks to good old Ravelry I managed to find one I like the look of in a enabling thread, and it even had 15% off for valentines day!

The club I decided to join is Knit and Fiber Creation Harry Potter 5 month sock club, which was a very reasonable price even before the discount.

I recently received my first package and it was so fantastic I had to share!


So not only did I get my club yarn, I also got a really cool Harry Potter theme project bag, a lovely bag of American sweets (which as a English person who can't get them over here is really appreciated) and a print out explaining this months theme, which if you can't tell is Draco Malfoy!


The colour way itself is very Draco, although unfortunately it is not my favourite colours, one of the risks you face when joining a club.
My boyfriend has told me he loves the colours though, so he will be getting a pair of socks!

The base is her Deuces Wild base, which is 80% Merino and 20% Nylon, and it is a absolutely gorgeous base. Very soft and squishy, one of my favourite bases I have come across, although I think I say that about all the new bases I try!

I know she is also doing a Lord of the Rings Club, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones club, all themes I can get on board with!

Check out her Etsy Shop or her Ravelry Group to see what other people got!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yarn-- I don't know how I hadn't heard of her before! I'm glad your boyfriend likes the yarn even if it's not your color. And how cool is that Accio Needles bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bag! It's a nice big size too so great for when travelling and bringing a lot.

      I've just got the second shipment and I adore the colour, can't wait to blog about it!

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Now I will have even less money....damn you!!! :P x

    ReplyDelete