Friday 5 July 2013

A BB Cream for hair?

BB Creams are all over the place at the moment, and with companies bringing out hair primers, it was only a matter of time before someone bought out a BB cream for hair, and Pantene have done just that.

I picked this product up when I was in Florida after seeing Zooey Deschnael advertising it on TV, I love Zooey and her hair looks fantastic so clearly the advertising worked for me and I headed to Walmart to pick up this product.
So what is a BB cream for hair? Well, much like the BB creams for face it claims to be a all in one styling product with plenty of benefits, 10 of them in fact according to the packaging:
1.Repair for rough hair
2. Strength against damage
3. Silky Softness
4. Brilliant Shine
5. Smoothing
6. Moisture
7. Frizz Control
8. Heat Protection
9. Manageability
10. Tamed Fly-Aways. 

I have used this quite a few times, and I really like it for when I am using heat products to style my hair because I always forget to use heat protectant on it and the fact that this is an all in one is very handy for me. It does do well at keeping my hair in place all day, and smoothing down the flyaways, it also smells pleasant too, it has the clean scent of shampoo. I haven't notice that it makes my hair that much softer though, and I don't notice any more shine than I do with my other styling products. 

I don’t use this on non heat styling days because I find it leaves bit of a film in my hair if I touch it, I’m sure if you use hair styling products regularly this wouldn’t bother you, but it does bother me.
It’s also very easy to overuse the product, and when you do it dries clumpy and makes your hair look greasy. I have long thick hair and 2 pumps is more than enough for me.

I  am more convinced by BB products for hair than I have been on BB creams for the face!

0 comments:

Post a Comment